Senior UX Designer
Helsinki, Finland. Full-time position.
Your colleagues and clients tend to describe you as the unicorn who can fly from creative concept design and lo-fi prototypes to usability testing and detailed interaction design by sparkling magic dust all over the place. You know your craft and tools, have an eye for detail, value ideas over egos, and have multiple successful projects under your belt. We’ve started a journey towards a world-class digital product for creatives and large brands, and are now looking for the most talented designer to join the team. Ideally, you’d be based in Helsinki (and we can help with the accommodation), but once we get acquainted you can work remotely from wherever.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead user experience design by creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications for interfaces
- Understand users deeply: conduct user research and testing, develop task analysis and create user stories
- Work closely with our technical development, content and marketing teams and product owner to continuously improve our digital tools
- Contribute and edit our brand’s design guides, and development best practices and standards with an eye on consistency
- Work passionately to understand and define key metrics, and use your creative powers to design solutions that hit usability, desirability, efficiency, and scalability needs
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role
- Have a strong track record of shipping products and features. Previous eCommerce experience is a plus.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and UI design expertise. Must illustrate from small micro interactions to solving for multi-platform UX challenges that demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions
- Experience in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invisionapp, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Continually looking for opportunities to develop your skills and expand your view of the work
- Ability to prototype in HTML, CSS and ReactJS or other native technologies gives you Plussa points
- Enjoy an agile work environment and collaborate well with various work styles and diverse team
Why you will love it here?
- Open, honest and growing startup culture where you really can make a difference
- A people-focused environment that is authentic and passionate about learning and challenging ourselves
- Individual career development plans with strong coaching and mentor network. Let us know where you want to go and we will help you to get there
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
About Gravity Nordic
Gravity Nordic helps brands and creatives to save their time on design and not on the practical shit in the era of time sucking distractions! By taking responsibility for brands’ physical marketing and promotional material production, logistics and warehousing we enable them to focus on things that matter them the most. Furthermore, as our business model is similar to Airbnb, we can always choose the best producers and production methods from our global producer network even for the most challenging custom products.
Right now, we’re expanding. A lot. One of our largest goals is to change this traditional industry. We are in the midst of developing a digital platform, specifically moulded to release and realise creativity on a global scale, which is why we are looking for the best people to help us grow. If you love marketing and brands and learning constantly as a professional in a startup culture, then you might just be the right talent we are looking for.
You can apply for this role by sending your resume and portfolio via email to email@example.com. If you have any questions please reach out to Jani Modig +358 40 9312 666 or firstname.lastname@example.org