Purchasing and Production Specialist
Helsinki, Finland. Full-time position.
Purchasing and production specialists are at the heart of our business. You have a broad knowledge of different print materials and techniques, merchandise and promotional materials, whilst have the passion and eye for new, inspiring and kickass solutions to meet our customers’ needs. With this role, you’ll be working closely with our Key Account Managers here in Helsinki, our Stockholm office’s Purchasing Specialist and with our global producer network. While we operate across country borders and time zones, communication is absolutely vital to our success.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead sourcing and purchasing activities, including tendering, negotiations and supplier selection for production purchases. Act as a focal contact point of view towards producer partners.
- Work closely with our key account managers in production projects
- Iterate, expand and execute sourcing plan, production partner network and product portfolio
- Lead and coach sourcing team and key account managers by facilitating learning and development
- Challenge current ways of working, suggest changes and implement agreed best practices to continually improve processes and methods
- Manage performance of own and team targets
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in print management, strategic purchasing and/or supply chain management
- Strong communication skills in English and Finnish, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management, math and negotiation skills
- Proactive, result oriented, willing to take initiative and responsibility. Can both help to solve day to day issues as well as take steps to reach larger picture.
- Solid team player with strong project management skills, whilst enjoy working in an international context.
Why will you love it here?
- Open, honest and growing startup culture where you really can make a difference
- A people-focused environment that is authentic and passionate about learning and challenging ourselves
- Individual career development plans with strong coaching and mentor network. Let us know where you want to go and we will help you to get there
About Gravity Nordic
Gravity Nordic helps brands and creatives to save their time on design and not on the practical shit in the era of time sucking distractions! By taking responsibility for brands’ physical marketing and promotional material production, logistics and warehousing we enable them to focus on things that matter them the most. Furthermore, as our business model is similar to Airbnb, and we don’t own any production factories, we can always choose the best producers and production methods from our global producer network even for the most challenging custom products.
Right now, we’re expanding. A lot. One of our largest goals is to change this traditional industry. We are in the midst of developing a digital platform, specifically moulded to release and realise creativity on a global scale, which is why we are looking for the best people to help us grow. If you love marketing and brands and learning constantly as a professional in a startup culture, then you might just be the right talent we are looking for.